Communications Strategist - Account Executive
A Communications Strategist at INK is responsible for supporting the communications team and is a key contributor on all elements of a PR program or campaign including media relations, speaking and events, awards, and coordination with social media and content creation. Understands client positioning and competitive landscape, as well as media landscape, to match and unveil relevant earned media opportunities. Our strategists support analyst relations and plays a significant role in organizing and pitching media and garnering coverage results for the client. Writes press releases, pitches and blogs, and works with content and social team to ensure integrated program success. Looks for opportunities for clients within all research and social media activities, replies promptly to client requests that are related to areas he/she owns, and seeks opportunities to help out team members and colleagues.
*This job is available in Austin, Denver and New York*
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with media and analysts
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team setting
- Ability to work on multiple accounts while paying strict attention to detail
- Experience with planning and implementing impactful communications campaigns
- Ability to contribute to brainstorming sessions and creative strategy
- Experience in delegating to junior staff effectively and efficiently
- 3+ years of communications experience in an agency setting
INK believes that “good work with good people makes for a good life.” We live this every day through our people, culture, and benefits, which include:
- Award-winning culture – Best Places to Work by Austin Business Journal 6-years running; and 2015 PR News Best Place to Work nationwide.
- Flexible work environment with work from home opportunities and generous vacation and holidays.
- Bonus programs for company performance, new business acquisition and hiring referrals.
- Top-notch health insurance, paid 75% by company (medical, dental, vision, life).
- Competitive compensation package including 401K and profit sharing programs.
- Lots of food and fun events around the office.
- All-Mac shop including all-paid cell service.
- In-house professional development program + individual annual allowance for courses and conferences.
- People-focused values and commitment to individual career development. Supportive culture of teamwork.
- Casual fun office environments in Austin, Denver and New York.
- Growing company with ambitious goals and room for you to make a difference in our future.