An Account Manager at INK oversees client teams by connecting ideas, managing people, and matching resources to client needs. Acts as account lead on majority of accounts, but can also play a project management or specialist role when needed. Is acutely aware of current client priorities, anticipating future directions/challenges and delivering solutions and insight ahead of ‘the ask.’ Keeps close pulse on client and maintains a positive and personable working relationship. Sets the strategy, goals, and messaging, with supervisor and leadership as a sounding board or guide, and executes on those strategies through thoughtful delegation and coordinated execution. Guides all comms team functions including media and events, thought leadership, and communicates strategy and needs in working effectively with content, social and design teams for integrated execution of those programs. Pitches, writes, and manages events, and otherwise executes on accounts. Provides INK quality assurance for all team member work (pitches, blogs, submissions, reports, etc.) and works with team members to improve their quality and understanding. Holds team accountable for results that matter and demonstrate value. Begins to predict how long things will take, oversees budgets and works with supervisor and leadership to manage resources. Reports to team lead and manages 1-3 junior team members, mentoring other junior staff informally. Plays a role in lead generation and new business pitching for INK. Understands and exemplifies INK values and differentiators and can represent that in a variety of settings. Contributes to overall company goals.
This position is available in any of our three offices: Austin, Denver, New York.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to develop and lead integrated communications programs
- Established relationships with media and influencers, and proven ability to create new relationships
- Experience delegating to junior staff effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to generate earned media
- Proven ability to manage multiple accounts and people while paying strict attention to detail
- Exposure or experience in project budgeting and resource management
- Exposure or experience participating in new business
- 5+ years of communications experience within an agency or similar setting
INK believes that “good work with good people makes for a good life.” We live this every day through our people, culture, and benefits, which include:
- Award-winning culture – Best Places to Work by Austin Business Journal 5-years running; and 2015 PR News Best Place to Work nationwide.
- Flexible work environment with work from home opportunities and generous vacation and holidays.
- Bonus programs for company performance, new business acquisition and hiring referrals.
- Top-notch health insurance, paid 75% by company (medical, dental, vision, life).
- Competitive compensation package including 401K and profit sharing programs.
- Lots of food and fun events around the office.
- All-Mac shop including all-paid cell service.
- In-house professional development program + individual annual allowance for courses and conferences.
- People-focused values and commitment to individual career development. Supportive culture of teamwork.
- Casual fun office environments in Austin, Denver and New York.
- Growing company with ambitious goals and room for you to make a difference in our future.